Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Photography quotes to live by!

 Today I have decided to post some really good quotes about Photography. Some are hilarious while others make you go aaaahhh that makes sense. Either way I hope you enjoy!


“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.”
-Ernst Haas

“Photography is my one recreation and I think it should be done well.”
-Lewis Carroll

“A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.”
-Ansel Adams

Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'.
-Ernst Haas

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE.
-Ernst Haas

“No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit.”
- Ansel Adams

I hate cameras.  They are so much more sure than I am about everything. 
~John Steinbeck

"The photographic image ... is a message without a code."
-Roland Barthes, French thinker

"I am always surprised when I see several cameras, a gaggle on lenses, filters, meters, et cetera, rattling around in a soft bag with a complement of refuse and dust. Sometimes the professional is the worst offender!"
-Ansel Adams, The Camera

"Notebook. No photographer should be without one!"
-Ansel Adams, The Camera

"To photograph truthfully and effectively is to see beneath the surfaces and record the qualities of nature and humanity which live or are latent in all things."
-Ansel Adams

"Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop"
-Ansel Adams

"Life is like a good black and white photograph, there's black, there's white, and lots of shades in between." -Karl Heiner










So I am really bad on this post, I forgot to save all the website I saw this on. I do know this I just googled Photography quotes. Happy hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment