Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ansel Adams

I have decided to do my first blog post on Ansel Adams.  I know its cliche since everyone out there, when given an assignment, would go straight to him.  For me his work is so breathtaking, that I can spend hours searching for his photographs.  Believe me I have.

Ansel Adams was born in San Francisco to an upper class family. At the age of four the 1906 earthquake tossed Ansel Adams face first into a garden wall, breaking his nose.  After the Panic of 1907, his families income had dropped dramatically.  By the age of 12 in 1915 he was taken out of private school and was private tutored, until 1917 when he graduated 8th grade. He later hung his diploma in the guest bathroom of his home.

At age of  12 he taught himself to play the piano. Playing brought him ' substance, discipline, and structure to his frustrating and erratic youth'. In 1916 his family took him on a trip to Yosemite, where his father gave him his first camera. An Kodak Brownie Box Camera and his first shot gave him the enthusiastic start he needed. The following year he returned with a better camera and tripods.

I can go on and on about his life. It fascinates me, his life of photography, how he got there, and the gorgeous pictures he took.  He was not only a great photographer but was multifaceted in the learning of knowledge he seeked.

I have decided to dedicated my first entry to his work and his life. I hope you all enjoyed!




                                                   Ansel Adams
                                                   February 20, 1902 - April 22 1984

If you want to read more you can find all the information that I had gotten from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansel_Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment